In case you missed yesterday’s sermon, Steve shared with us how Jesus is the epicentre of God’s Kingdom. We studied through Luke and Mark discussing the promise and basis of Jesus’ kingdom: love and sacrifice. You can find a link to listen to the sermons here. Use the questions below to guide your further study or discussion within your life group!
Life Group Discussion/Personal Meditation Questions:
Icebreaker: What is a memorable time someone took advantage of you? What was your reaction?
1. Read Luke 1:31-35. What important statements about who Jesus is does the angel Gabriel make? Why those particular statements?
2. Mark 1:14-15 & Luke 17:20-21. What does it mean if the Kingdom of God has come near or in their midst? Is the Kingdom more than a realm?
3. Read Luke 7:19-23. How could John the Baptist be confused about who Jesus was? What misconceptions about God’s Kingdom might you have?
4. Read Mark 12:1-12 & Isaiah 5:1-4. How does these two stories overlap in expressing God’s view of Israel’s lack of being good stewards of their privilege?
5. What is the significance of the son being cast outside the vineyard and Jesus being crucified “outside the camp” in Hebrews 13:12?
6. Read Psalm 118:22. When Jesus quotes this verse (read during Passover) to the religious leaders, what is He saying about them and their future?
7. If a major kingdom theme is the truth that the Kingdom of God is for those of right heart, not a particular people group, then how might we make the same error assuming we are Kingdom people just because we attend church?